While Laguna Beach is a great place to live year round, most would agree that summer is the best season in town. Not only is the weather perfect for summer afternoons at the beach, but there’s also a whole host of events that have made our city famous. Here’s a rundown of what you just can’t miss when you make Laguna Beach your home
Laguna Beach and art go hand-in-hand, and summer is when our community of artists really comes alive. Our little seaside village hosts art festivals that draw people from all over the world, including:
- Sawdust Art Festival – from June 30 – September 3, join more than 200,000 other visitors for this annual event where you can shop for one-of-a-kind art from Laguna Beach artists. There are also art classes, live entertainment, art demonstrations and more.
- Laguna Art-A-Fair – also from June 30 – September 3, this juried art festival features the work of 125 artists from all over the world. Enjoy a bite at Tivoli Too!, watch artists create art in their booths, or join a workshop.
- Festival of Arts – happening from July 5 – August 31, this juried art show features the work of 140 artists from the area. Perhaps the biggest draw of this festival is the Pageant of the Masters, a live performance that recreates famous works of art.
Laguna Beach Live!
is a local institution that presents live musical performances throughout the year in a variety of venues. Their line-up for the summer does not disappoint. Be sure to check out:
- Bluegrass & BBQ – on June 11, head to the Laguna College of Art & Design for an afternoon of bluegrass music from Burning Heart Bluegrass, as well as delicious barbecue.
- Jazz Wednesdays – every Wednesday from June 21 – August 30, enjoy live jazz in a beautiful setting. Concerts are held in the Rose Garden at Hotel Laguna from 6-8pm. Get there early to enjoy a great dinner.
- Live! at the Museum – on the second Thursday of each month from May to August, head to the Laguna Art Museum for an evening of classical and contemporary chamber music.
With the kids out of school, you’ll certainly be looking for ways to keep them occupied over the summer. Here are some great events the whole family can enjoy:
- Fourth of July – Laguna Beach offers a free fireworks display that can be enjoyed from several vantage points around town.
- The VIC Skimboarding Championship – happening on August 19 and 20 at Aliso Beach Park, this is the sport’s most prestigious event. Watch the world’s best skimboarders do amazing stunts in the water as they vie for the title.
- Bluebird Park Live Music in the Park – every Sunday night in July and August, Bluebird Park hosts live music events. Bring a picnic dinner and enjoy music while the kids play in this awesome park that features the historic rocketship play structure.
If you’d like more information about luxury homes for sale in Laguna Beach, pleaseclick here
to speak with an agent from The Stanaland Group. We hope you and your family enjoy a safe and fun-filled summer!