Whether you decide to go out or stay in over the Independence Day weekend, there’s so much fun to be had in Laguna Beach! There are several fun activities scheduled around town on the Fourth of July, but if you aren’t in the mood to leave the house you can throw a party of your own! No matter what you decide, here are some suggestions to have a great time around town on the Fourth.
Fireworks and More in Laguna Beach
No Fourth of July is complete without a dazzling fireworks display, of course. But did you know about all the other opportunities to celebrate over the holiday weekend? Here’s a peak at what’s in store.
- Laguna Beach Fireworks – Once again the City of Laguna Beach will be sponsoring a fantastic fireworks display at Monument Point in Heisler Park. The dazzling show will light up Main Beach and downtown Laguna Beach and is set to begin at 9pm. For more information about park closures, parking and traffic during the day’s events, please visit the City of Laguna Beach website.
- Live Music at the Sawdust Art and Craft Festival – Sit back, relax and enjoy live music throughout the day at the Sawdust Art and Craft Festival on July 4th. Three special performances will be taking place that day. At 10:30am enjoy the musical stylings of the Laguna Concert Band. At 11am groove to some great jazz performed by Andy’s Jazz Duo, and at 12:30pm lets your cares slip away while you listen to acoustic covers of your favorite Americana classics performed by Sycamore Creek.
- Old Glory Boat Parade in Newport Harbor – If spending time near the water is a must-do on your holiday list, head to Newport Harbor to enjoy the Old Glory Boat Parade. Sponsored by the American Legion Yacht Club, the parade begins at 1pm.
Celebrate in Style in Your Laguna Home
If crowds aren’t your thing this holiday, why not throw a Fourth of July party at home? It’s a great opportunity to fully utilize your gorgeous outdoor living spaces and perhaps splash around in your sparkling pool. Here are some tips for throwing a fun and memorable party:
- Not sure what to serve at your patriotic party? How about a gourmet hot dog bar? Nothing screams “America!” quit like hot dogs, and you can take it to the next level with toppings such as corn relish, crushed pineapple, curry sauce and more!
- If an elegant dinner party is more your style, plan a menu that includes high-end versions of traditional Fourth of July fare, such as watermelon margaritas, barbecued ribs and Red, White & Blueberry Ice Cream Cake. Yum!
- Don’t forget the patriotic decorations! Be sure to include some intimate lighting, comfy seating and America flag-inspired table centerpieces.
No matter how you and your family decide to spend your Fourth of July weekend in Laguna Beach, everyone here at The Stanaland Group wishes you a safe, happy and fun holiday!