Are you someone who loves dogs and who treats your dog like a member of the family? Then Laguna Beach is the place for you! Laguna Beach is a city that loves dogs, too. In fact, many businesses, parks, beaches and restaurants cater to the canine-loving crowd. Here’s a look at some of our favorite dog-friendly places in town
Head to the beach
One of the biggest perks of living in Laguna Beach is having one of the most spectacular stretches of coastline in Southern California outside your door. It would be a shame not to be able to share that with your best friend. Good news is, you don’t have to! Leashed dogs are welcome on city beaches before 9am and after 6pm in the summer months, and during normal beach hours for the remainder of the year. Be sure to check out these spots:
- Aliso Beach – Take a long stroll on this well-maintained beach and enjoy the tide pools at the northern end.
- Heisler Park – If your pooch is particularly friendly, they’ll be the star of the show at this beach, a popular spot for joggers, families and picnics.
Grab a bite to eat
In Laguna Beach, most eateries with patios gladly welcome dogs (though dogs are generally not allowed inside the dining room). Great places around town to get a bite to eat with your best friend include:
- Madison Square & Garden Café – This cozy café at 320 N Coast Highway features a beautiful outdoor garden eating area where you and your pooch can enjoy breakfast or lunch.
- The Cliff Restaurant – Another dog friendly gem, this restaurant at 577 S Coast Highway not only has spectacular views, but they also sell organic treats and puppy plates, in case your furry friend is hungry.
- Sapphire Laguna – For those who crave local ingredients and international cuisine stop by Sapphire at 1200 S Coast Highway. Here you can sit outside under heat lamps with your dog and enjoy the ocean view.
While our beaches and restaurants are some of the best places to get out and about with your dog, they aren’t the only ones. The Laguna Beach Dog Park is a great place to take off the leash and let your dog run and play with his canine friends. If your dog enjoys shopping as much as you do, take her to The Bark & Sniff Boutique. There you both can browse the latest in doggie fashion or savor a hand-baked treat. After a long day out, book an appointment with hand2paws canine massage. A certified canine massage therapist will come to your home and help your four-legged friend heal from the stress of the day. 30 minutes sessions begin at $40. You might have a few extra bucks left to treat yourself to one, too
If you’d like more information about buying a luxury Laguna Beach home, please click here or call 949-689-9047 to speak with an agent from The Stanaland Group. Our team of highly qualified real estate professionals would love to help you – and your favorite dog – find the perfect home.